Wednesday, May 14, 2014

#ChibokGirls: U.S. to with-hold military intelligence from Nigeria

The United States military will not share raw military intelligence with their Nigeria counterparts as both sides work to rescue over 250 girls abducted by Boko Haram, amid concerns over corruption in the Nigerian military and infiltration of the force by Boko Haram, US officials have said.
The U.S. began surveillance flights over north-eastern Nigeria Monday as it leads an international effort to help find the girls kidnapped from a secondary school in Chibok, Borno State a month ago.
The United Kingdom, France, China and Israel are also involved in the mission.
But while the U.S. will be sharing commercial satellite imagery with Nigerian officials, raw military data will be withheld, U.S. State Department officials said.

Nyanya Bombing: Major Susupect, Abubakar Sadiq Ogwuche Arrested in Sudan

One of the masterminds of the Nyanya bombing, Abubakar Sadiq Ogwuche has been arrested.

On Monday, a sum of N25 million was placed on the head of Ogwuche and the main mastermind, Rufai Abubakar Tsiga.  On Tuesday, International Police (Interpol) issued a warrant of arrest on the man, who was said to be hiding in Sudan.

During the Monday briefing by Directorate of State Service (DSS) spokesperson Marylyn Ogar, five suspects were paraded in connection with the incident. They include Ahmad Abubakar (aka Abu Ibrahim/Mai Turare), Mohammed Ishaq, Yau Saidu (aka Kotar Rama) Anas Isah and Adamu Yusuf and all confessed to being privy to the plot to bomb Nyanya.

At the daily briefing of the National Information Centre on Wednesday however, the Director General of National Orientation Agency (NOA), Mr. Mike Omeri, announced that Ogwuche had been arrested in Sudan and is awaiting extradition home to face charges.

FULL VIDEO: Names of the 54 identified girls + the full 27-minute footage Released by Boko Haram Showing Kidnapped School Girls

Some parents and some of the Chibok girls that escaped captivity on Tuesday viewed the video released by the Boko Haram and identified 54 of the girls in the clips.

In the 27-minute footage, the terror group's leader, Abubakar Shekau, says he is willing to exchange the schoolgirls for Boko Haram prisoners. 

It shows girls dressed in black and gray hijabs, and reciting the Quran as they make Islamic declarations of faith. Shekau appears in a separate part of the video, but never with the girls.



The video was previewed in the office of the Chief of Staff, Government House, Abubakar Kari and the Borno State Government subsequently issued a statement to officially confirm the identity of the victims and also publish the names of those identified from the Boko Haram video. See the names of the identified girls after the jump...............

Monday, May 12, 2014

Update: Boko Haram Releases New Video Showing Abducted School Girls

Boko Haram sect leader, Abubakar Shekau has released another video showing abducted school girls in Nigeria.
The newly released video , exclusively obtained by French news agency, AFP, shows hundreds of the school girls huddled together purportedly praying after they were converted to Islam by the sect.

In the 27-minute footage, the terror group's leader, Abubakar Shekau, says he is willing to exchange the schoolgirls for Boko Haram prisoners. 

It shows girls dressed in black and gray hijabs, and reciting the Quran as they make Islamic declarations of faith. Shekau appears in a separate part of the video, but never with the girls.

"Praise be to Allah, the lord of the world," the girls in the video chant. See the video after the jump..........

State Govt. Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew As Christians and Muslims Clash in Kaduna

Following the burning of a church, and at least two mosques, including some buildings yesterday in Southern Kaduna by armed Christian and Muslim followers, a dusk-to-dawn curfew has been imposed in the State. According to SaharaReporters, the incident happened in the military town of Kachia that houses both the Nigerian Navy and Army institutions. 

Sources who spoke on condition of anonymity, said angry Muslims had attacked a church after their own praying ground was torched by Christians in the area. The military source also said the Nigerian military, and police officials, have both taken over the town as a dusk-to-dawn curfew was imposed by the Kaduna State government in view of a possible escalation.

The mood in Kachia on Sunday evening following both events is “tense,” says the source. The police authorities in the state are yet to make an official public announcement of their on-the-ground observations on the unfolding events of recent hours.  On the issue of casualties, possible fatalities, and details of property damage to the other buildings inside Kachia are not yet known.  See more after the jump..............

Watch: Eminem Releases New Video Featuring Heartfelt Apology To Mom

Grammy award-winning artist, Eminem (Marshall Mathers) poured his heart out to his mother on his latest track ‘Headlights.’ The touching and heart-rending video which he released yesterday being Mother’s Day, is an attempt at reconciling with his estranged mother Debbie Mathers. Eminem repeatedly asks for forgiveness for all the hurtful things he’s said about her and for constantly dissing her in his music over the years.

The song is full of apologetic lyrics that try to explain just how sorry Eminem is for constantly dissing her through in his songs and his life.
Please oh, if I may ask: how many times in a year is mother's day celebrated? Seems to me like it's a month tradition.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Over 50 burnt corpses discovered in Gamboru market attack

Survivors and rescue workers said on Wednesday that they had pulled out charred remains of people burnt en mass in various shops within the main Gamboru market in Borno State after Boko Haram gunmen had attacked the border town on Monday.
A resident of Gamboru, Abubakar Mustapha, who made it to Maiduguri said he could not stand the horror of seeing corpses of burnt persons huddled together in small shops where they ran into for refuge as Boko Haram terrorists waged a massive offensive on the residents.
“You know the market was cordoned off by soldiers since the day of the attack, nobody went near the market until today (Wednesday) and unfortunately, we found many dead bodies in destroyed shops. There are some Chadian and Cameroonian traders among them who hid in shops too; many of the people were burnt beyond recognition,” said the visibly traumatised man.
A security official confirmed this, and said the market massacre added up to the death toll that now stands at over a hundred on the attack on the border community between Nigeria and Cameroon. See more after the jump................

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

NSCDC: Abuja rumoured kidnap was armed robbery

The rumoured kidnap of school students in the Nigerian capital on Tuesday morning was a case of armed robbery.
An official of The Vine kiddies academy, the school in Nyanya area of Abuja where the students were alleged to have been kidnapped, confirmed that an empty school bus was seized at gun point. He said there were no students in the bus when it was seized.
The deputy commandant general (operations) of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Evans Ewurum, also confirmed the incident.
There was panic in Nyanya, Kurudu, and other communities on the outskirts of Abuja as parents rushed to schools to pick their wards. Many government schools in the areas were later shut, from parents who waited at the gates, to avoid a stampede. See more after the jump.........

Video of Boko Haram Leader Claiming Responsiblity For Abducted Chibok School Girls

Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, yesterday released a video which has gone viral of himself to some selected international media houses where he boasted his group actually abducted the missing chibok school girls and he will be selling them off soon. 

I pray God hears our prayers and #BringBackOurGirls 

U.S. expresses ‘outrage’ over kidnapped Chibok Girls, pledges counter-terrorism assistance

The United States has expressed outrage at the kidnap of over 200 girls from a school in Chibok, Borno State.
The girls were kidnapped from their dormitory at the Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State on April 14.
“We view what has happened there as an outrage and a terrible tragedy,” White House spokesperson, Jay Carney, was quoted by the BBC as saying during a White House briefing.
“The president has been briefed several times and his national security team continues to monitor the situation there closely. The state department has been in regular touch with the Nigerian government about what we might do to help support its efforts to find and free these young women.” See more after the jump.........

Boko Haram Abduct 8 More Girls In Waranbe and Takes Over Gwoza Roads In Borno

Boko Haram militants have stepped up attacks in Borno state overnight as members of the deadly northern Nigerian sect yesterday  sacked police and army checkpoints in Gamboru Ngala and Shanni  near the Nigerian/Camerounian border.

Overnight, the militants raided Waranbe village in Gwoza. Gwoza is  130 kilometers from Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

In Waranbe Boko Haram militants abducted 8 teenage girls and took over all the highways leading to Gwoza according to the residents of the area who said the sect currently controls the entire area around Gwoza.